When it comes to SEO and Online promotion, there is a very thin line of difference between your business being found on net and business being noticed on net. Objective of good SEO strategy is to make sure your efforts fall in later category so that your presence stands out of the crowd. Google and other major search engines keep changing their algorithms hence your strategy needs to be robust, flexible and in accord with latest SEO trends.
Year 2013 is halfway completed and webmasters across the globe got learning experience from recent changes in Google algorithm. We have seen how quickly websites lost their online reputation, visibility over major search engines etc. due to their bad SEO strategy and hunger for aggressive promotion.
It is essential to understand that SEO is not an overnight process and results are not visible on a go. Traditional SEO strategy is no longer the only way of stabilizing an online reputation and should include Social SEO. SEO strategy should be the integration of great and fresh content, credible links, social media activities etc. so that there is a value addition to the visitor/reader and thus build your credibility. This hybrid strategy will improve the visibility of your website in a search engine’s results page (SERP) when someone searches about your keywords related to your work.
We all are very much aware of traditional ways of SEO, which includes below mentioned activities:
- Keyword research
- Keyword structuring
- Content Optimization
- User Experience
- Updated blogs
- Website design and structure
- Link building
- Blog postings
- Press Release
- Article Submission etc.
My current blog will focus more on latest SEO trend in 2013, which is a hybrid model of traditional SEO and social SEO methods. Social SEO means, promoting your brand with social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Social book marketing etc. As per Digital Marketing experts, there are several advantages of social media promotion:
- Your content get indexed faster in search engines via Social media
- More likes, shared, tweets, re-tweets etc. build search engine confidence in your content and give them a reason to believe that your content is interesting, which helps in boost in rankings
- Helps in increasing your domain authority and the number of inbound links to your website
In order to get most out of your social media strategy, you would like to cover few of the below tips:
- Remain active on Social media channels, exchange thoughts and interact with visitors, connections, followers and fans
- Share more and more content and interesting information which user would like to speak about
- Share about you on Pinterest, stumbleupon etc. They are one of the best link-building tools, improving your visibility, driving traffic. You can add relevant comments, description about your business and let it go on net for getting it viral
- Build your Facebook business page and get more likes, shared about your business
- Use twitter to post updates about your work, latest news etc.
- Create Google+ page, it is very important for SEO purpose for a single reason that Google has special role for it in its search algorithms and you would not want to miss this simple way of getting better ranking. It got more weight than Twitter, Facebook etc.
- Finally yet importantly, make sure that your social media profiles do not have any field blank. Always fill ‘About’ or ‘Information’ sections of any social media platform. Link your profiles with your other social media profiles. Add keywords, relevant information about your business in description
The most important tip for Social media promotion is to understand that your activities should not be one-way activities, means you should not restrict yourself for promoting your own activities. It is a sharing platform and you can only get better and fruitful response if you share, likes and discuss about other relevant business as well.
If you can adept to these SEO trends, tips, make sure your content is easily sharable via different freely available plugins etc. you can easily boost your online reputation and visibility in search engines. It is imperative that your online promotion experts understand the trends and make flexible strategies.
Sales consultants and Digital marketing experts at Globality consulting offers online reputation tips and helps business owners and organisations to make flexible and robust online promotion strategy with no cost. Get in touch with one of your consultant at email@example.com for more details.