On September 27, Google’s official birthday, Google celebrated its 15th birthday by launching its new algorithm named Hummingbird, which stands for “precise and fast”. Google Hummingbird claims that Google search can be a more human way to interact with users and provide a more direct answer.
Google maintained a very low profile and have quietly deployed Google Hummingbird on August 30th, 2013 before making formal announcement. Google senior vice president Amit Singhal said that this is the largest algorithm update in three years, the last update was three years before the “caffeine plan.”
Singhal said that the update can make use of more complex search requests and has a better understanding of the concept of human language, rather than a few scattered words. This new algorithm is a big step forward in the Internet history as searches will be more “human friendly” than ever.
In simple words, Google Hummingbird will make search so human that it will focus on the meaning behind the words and help Google go beyond just finding pages with matching words and return the results, which actually make more sense and connected with one’s search. Content creation and optimization continues to be as important as ever and the focus on quality is more important than ever.
For those who still wondering about Panda and Penguin and believe that Google hummingbird is just another algorithm change, then it is imperative that we understand that Penguin and Panda were just few updates and changes to the algorithm while Google Hummingbird is replacement of entire algorithm which will have old changes made for panda and penguin as well.
There are few tips, provided by experts to have benefits from Google hummingbird:
- Create a strong social strategy to share your content and build authority links naturally
- Focus on semantic analysis while researching keywords
- Convey the message to site visitors in crisp and precise way
- Optimize sites for mobile, which is one of the main sources of traffic now days
- Manage your content based on the concept that Google Hummingbird is going beyond normal search and it is going behind the question or search criteria to fetch the results. There is no more keyword-matching concept. It is user intent and detailed information
- Authorship and Structured Data are going to be more important going forward
Will it have any impact on number of site visitors? There is no way to know or measure it however there may be a possibility that you will notice a decline in visitor count due to Google hummingbird or changes which got implemented.
It is worth waiting and analysing the data to see how Google hummingbird influences our search engine optimizing efforts and processes. It is exciting to see how human friendly search works and how we are getting better results.
Sales consultants and Digital marketing experts at Globality consulting offers online reputation tips and helps business owners and organisations to make flexible and robust online promotion strategy with no cost. Get in touch with one of your consultant at email@example.com for more details.